Monday 1 February 2010

recent stuff

it has been a while since my individual group blog. Has been a while since i last gathered my thoughts so i will keep it brief and sweet.

The group are doing very well, Jonathan did a really great mock up title for our project in flash. I decided i would od it in After effects. I recently went to a 3rd year AE lecture from Dan Dode, who was supposed to be lecturing some 3rd years. it was very useful, we had to participate in making a title he had worked on. For me it was pretty familiar stuff. But it was really gret to e reminded, and since getting more into Maya it makes AE seem a lot more straight forward. AE i am mostly using for compositing right now, but knocking out a decent title I think i could probably do on wednesday afternoon. after i have met up with all my group.

Right now, i am uploading some inspirational stuff i found today, things like the credits from incredibles, 300, catch me if you can, metropolis. All done with a very nice soul bass look which i would aim to go for in the final title for our Princess and the pea idea.

I would like to do some modeling, i really would, its just animating is really my main focus at this time, and I think i have really improved a lot. I have knocked out 3 -4 great animations with lip sync for my other lighting and environments project. have spent some time in looking for some free maya models i can us for second character, and it has proven successful.

I talked to steve crocker about some problems i had with my maya live match moving footage, and i will get onto a second attempt to fix this.

THIS WEEK is my trip to Barcelona. I am just rolling my eyes in my head right now, because i just want to keep my head down and keep animating. But really i think this is the right time to get away as I look back on the last few weeks, it has all just been work and its taking its toll on my back. So i think some relaxation mixed with observational work will do me good. I haven't been drawing in a while safe for sketches for my title. Besides, this isn't the last project I am going to work on that will involve going out in the field and getting first hand research! Even thought I am pretty sure its kinda late in the day for research since we've already committed to what were doing. But on the other hand like i say this isn't the last time i will do this so I will definitely make the most of my Time over in Barcelona.

Anyway, I think my sequence has rendered. Oh god, gotta do research for my Dissertation essay, well i will save doing that till next week when i am back and my animating is mostly in the bag. Writing and researching will be my time to unwind and exercise my fingers. :)

Am glad this blog was longer than i predicted. But i would rather blog when i feel i have something to blog about :) so am glad i got this out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment